Friday, October 2, 2009

We have Paint!

Well - the past month has been full of disheaval in our house. Matt was DETERMINED to finish the paint in the soon to be nursery this month because he had a couple of weekends off. We decided a while ago that we thought it would be fun to do stripes. We didn't necessarily agree on what they would look like - but we finally got to a compromise. We started by painting the entire nursery cream color (candle wax by Behr to be exact). Here are a few shots of that process...
This is a before shot showing our original paint color and the white ceilings which I'm thrilled are now cream!
Per Matt - every painter needs beer!
I'm documenting my help here which was only the tape! Matt didn't let me in on the cream color painting, by the time we got to the stripes I was a participant!
Elle is not sure about this...she thought the tan paint was fine! She is not a fan of change...uh oh...
I love this color!
By the end of the night - the painter had enough to drink!!!!
Here's a shots of my new cream room! Oh - and we got a fan. I was not "for" this but Matt talked me into it b/c this room gets so warm in the summer time. I'm a fan of the fan now!
Ok, now for the fun part...I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves...this wasn't a fun process at first - but after we figured out the best way to tape off our sections it moved pretty quickly.

Elle is still not sure this is a good idea!

I told Matt that if every painter needs a beer...and he's recruiting me...then he had to get me some non-alcoholic! :) It wasn't a good as the real thing but its worth it for baby girl!

So we were both VERY nervous to take the first piece of tape off...

But overall pretty happy w/ the outcome! Let me know what you think!

10 comments:

smithec said...

ash - this looks AWESOME! great job!!! i love it! now i can't wait to see it with all of the baby furniture... :)

Kiki said...

LOVE it! I am so impressed with you two!

Courtney said...

Love it! I can't wait to see the finished product!!

The Laney Family said...

that looks amazing!

Haniel said...

ash, it looks great!! i'm so impressed and i love the pics of matt's liquids all throughout. so funny. can't wait to see it in person!

Callen and Michael Martin said...

Whoa! That is seriously impressive! I can't believe y'all did that on your own! It looks awesome!

Michelle said...

I love it! What a great idea for a baby's room! Can't wait to see how the nursery turns out!

Jennifer and Beau Whitson said...

Love it, Ash! So cute!

Amber said...

I am impressed! Painting is alot of work, much less doing stripes too!!! It looks great and will be perfect for a sweet baby girl!

Meredith said...

I love the way it turned out!!