Monday, November 17, 2008

Go Saints!

Last weekend (Nov 9th) Matt and I got a special treat. We got to go see the New Orleans Saints play against the Atlanta Falcons in Atlanta. I’ve been planning on going to the game all fall but didn’t think Matt would be able to join me – fortunately he had the whole day off last Sunday so he got to come!



My friend from high school (well, and life in general) Michelle, married super star Chris Reis of the Georgia Tech jackets and they have been blessed to be in the NFL for two years now. Chris plays specials teams for the Saints and does an awesome job! I was hoping to make it down to NO this year but with weekends filling up the game in Atlanta ended up being the best way to see Chris play this year. Michelle found us some awesome tickets online – we were five rows back on the 40! It was great getting to be so close to the sidelines where Chris was because I sort of felt like we got to “visit” with him as well (even though it was totally one sided!). Chris is number 39 this is my attempt to get a good picture - but my flash didn't work so well...

Unfortunately the Saints didn’t come out on top of the Falcons but what a great experience to visit the Georgia dome and see Chris play live! I usually tape the game and watch everything but special teams in fast fwd so it was really different watching everyone play in normal speed! Here's a pic of me and Michelle - I honestly think we look the exact same as in high school...




Thanks for an awesome Sunday, Michelle and Chris! Hope we can make it to NO in the playoffs or next year! Love you guys! Here's a video of Chris playing - he's number 39...my video worked better than my still shots.

1 comment:

Kitty Brown said...

Oh that's very fun! We've been trying to get down to a game this year and it just hasn't worked out -- now I have another reason to cheer for the Saints!