Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Most wonderful time of February...

So - this next week is a very exciting one for me every year. Valentine's Day is coming up and that means two days later is my birthday!
Valentine's Day has always been a fun holiday for me to celebrate because usually as a child we were having either a family birthday party or a friend birthday party on that day. So, yeah, that sounds a little selfish, but I do love celebrating my birthday! Well, I heard earlier this year of a tradition my friend Laura has had with her mother for Valentine's Day that sounded so much fun. Laura's mother always had a day where they would create valentine's for one another, home made ones! So, every year her mother sends her a valentine box with all the supplies to make home made valentine's for whoever you would like - friend, mom, dad, husband, even dogs...so you know Elle has one coming haha just kidding...
Last Saturday Laura had a great little valentine party at her house. Meredith, Laura, me and Leah got together and made some of the cutest, most original hand made valentines ever! I can't wait to give the three I made away! Here are some pictures from last Saturday! Thanks Laura!




Some of the supplies

Laura has enough supplies to last us a few more years!
The new mom hard at work on her creation for baby Lee!
The pro (Laura) at work!
Leah's turned out so cute for Muffin!
One of my finished projects...not going to say who this one is for!

2 comments:

Jenny and Zack said...

How neat! What a great idea. I am sure that you guys had so much fun.

smithec said...

That's such a fun idea! I want to do it next year!