Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Meeting Duncan!

I got the privaledge to spend a few hours with Caroline, David, and Duncan Cheek this past weekend in South Carolina. I couldn’t be more blessed by my friendship with Caroline – she has been a loyal friend to me for so many years and has seen me through the best and worst times. I’m so thankful God blessed me with her when He took us both out to Colorado for a semester in college.
This pic was from a trip to Charleston where Caroline's family has a great beach house - probably 2 years after meeting at Focus. This picture is from my second trip to see Caroline in Raleigh - she had just moved in with Courtney and Erin and I got to visit. This is pre-David! :)
anyway, back to last weekend...
Mom came down to Birmingham last Thursday and went with me to meet Duncan over the weekend. We had a great time talking in the car; we didn’t even turn on the radio for four and a half hours! It was nice to have mom as company all weekend.

We got to Greenville Friday afternoon and immediately started playing with Duncan. I have to say, he is about the easiest 7 week old baby I have ever heard of. He loves to sleep so we had to wake him up for every feeding – it was so hard to unbundle him while he was sleeping and warm! Saturday we went to a great little baby store in Greenville and looked around at baby paraphernalia and such. We had to run a few errands and of course Duncan slept through the whole outing! Saturday night mom and I cooked spaghetti for Caroline and David and hopefully we got it to the perfect consistency for Mr. Cheek – he’s a picky one. After dinner we continued our lazy weekend of playing with Duncan and watching the conference basketball tournaments on TV.
I am so thankful for a fun weekend with Caroline, David and Duncan. My time with them is few and far between and always cherished. I can’t imagine how much Duncan will change until I see him again – I told Caroline she’s got to post more pics on facebook so I can keep up with him! Enjoy a few pics of Duncan – he’s adorable!

1 comment:

smithec said...

He is absolutely precious. I can see so much of both Caroline and David in his sweet face! I'm so glad yall got to spend the weekend together. Can't wait till October! :)