Saturday, August 14, 2010

6 month b'day gift

Well, Brooklyn's 6 month "b'day" was last Monday, August 9th. I can't believe she's already 1/2 a year - that just went by way too fast! We weren't planning on doing b'day gifts for a 1/2 b'day...but B's Aunty Em was! Brooklyn got the BEST gift ever - a cousin!


I personally am thrilled that Avery was born on August 9th b/c now I will always be able to remember the actual birthday! It was 6 months to the day and how weird is this - she was delivered 7 minutes later in the day than Brooklyn! B was 3:44pm and Avery was 3:51pm! Crazy!!! I pray that these girls will be best buddies all of thier lives!

Here's what B is doing at 6 months...

- sleeping great - from 8pm to 8am at night with 2 naps during the day at 1o and 2. Sometimes she gets another cat nap in the late afternoon if she's really tired.

- loves to eat! takes 4 seven oz bottles a day at 8, 12, 4, 7 and we do cereal and fruit for b'fast and veggies for dinner.

- veggies have been funny mainly b/c B makes hilarious faces when they go in her mouth! so far, i think her favorites are sweet potatoes and carrots. She also didn't mind green beans and peas. Not too fond of pears but loved bananas.

- She is really wanting to crawl - she does the fishy thing when on her tummy but just doesn't have enough strength to crawl yet.

- Can sit up on her own! She does still fall over and crash sometimes but she doesn't mind - she just starts rolling all over the place!

- sleeps on her tummy ALL THE TIME. as soon as i put her down for a nap or for night time, she's on the tummy.

- Is starting to notice Elle. She just looks at her and smiles or laughs, hopefully they will be friends from a distance until Brooklyn is about 5! :) Elle's just too big.

- Loves bath time - she loves to splash around and play with her wash cloth. She also loves the pool - we have tried to get in often so she gets use to it. I think she thinks the bath and the pool are the same so far!


- Travels pretty well. Most times she sleeps in her car seat most of the time I drive, usually I have at least 30 minutes or an hour of passing her toys though!

She could not be more of a joy. I never thought I could love something as much as I love this sweet little girl. It kind of hurts because I know I'll never be able to put into words or show her how much I love her. Makes me wonder if God feels the same way - even though He shows us how much He loves us in such lavish ways - I think He loves us more than we will ever know!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Love the sack, and did you make her hat too?? So cute!

Katie Wigton said...

My cousin and I are exactly 6 months apart. We still call each other on our birthdays to wish each other a "happy birthday" or a "Happy Half-Birthday". So much fun. Cute pictures!