Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Not Awesome

Thanks to my sis in law, Rochelle, I've had this to ring this week... She gave me this really need vintage bell from Mexico for my 30th b'day in February. I thought it would come in handy, but I didn't realize how quickly. I started coming down with "something" on Saturday Night. I woke up after about 1 hour of sleep and tossed and turned for about three hours. I had a fever and muscle cramps but didn't realize I needed to take something until three hours had passed. Finally I started myself on these...

And got about three hours of sleep before miss B woke up. I proceeded to pop them all day long on Sunday because I just didn't know what was going on with me. Fortunately Matt was post call so he was able to stay awake for a few hours until Brooklyn's nap. At that point he was in need of some sleep so he took a nap and after B's nap I was up with her for about two hours by myself. It was so hard! I have so much more compassion for single parents who don't have ANY help ever! Anyway...so I kept feeling fever-ish and just achy all over and then my throat started hurting so badly it felt like it was about to give birth.

Sunday night was not a great night of sleep and Monday morning, I could not talk. I went straight to CVS for some of this...

and some of these...


These saved my life! If you end up getting strep like me - go for these and Advil. That is all I've been able to take to make life bearable.
One look in my throat and Matt said strep so we got an antibiotic and its starting to help. I haven't had strep or this bad of a sore throat since I was in like 2nd grade. I will have more sympathy on B whenever she gets strep throat!
Thanks to Matt for helping as much as possible with Brooklyn. And thanks to God for getting me through the past two days. My throat is a little less swollen tonight and I can talk a little bit. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be healed!
Oh, and our computer crashed...so we are on our old "crusty" computer from when Matt started med school...so that is also not incredibly awesome.
Let me please add at the end of this pathetic blog post that I really sort of feel bad for even posting this in light of what the country of Japan is going through. My trials this week are NOTHING in comparison to what they are going through and I think God just gave me a wake up call - I need to quit complaining and be THANKFUL for my home and saftely this week. So there Ashley, snap!




No comments: