Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas '09

This year, Christmas was spread out - ok so every year it kind of is - Matt had to work so many hours the week of Christmas we had to celebrate early and late. On December 12th we got Christmas early with the Spann's! It was fun - they came up to Birmingham because Matt didn't have enough time off to travel to Dothan and we had WAY too much yummy food and swapped some of our Christmas gifts.

We had a great meal of snacky Christmas foods - my favorite - and we were all stuffed as we watched Mark Ingram accept the Heisman Trophey for 2009. It was a great way to kick off Christmas celebrations! (Ok - disclaimer - that REALLY makes me sound like an Alabama fan...let me be clear - I am NOT an Alabama fan. I do like them more than I did when I moved here 11 years ago, but I remain a TN fan...it has been difficult but I do remain true to the orange and white.)
Here are some pictures from the Spann Christmas!
Gabby getting into some yummy food!

Braden and Elle - who is not too sure about Christmas just yet!

Braden with his new race car set!


Braden helping Nanny with a present!
The Ray family Christmas was celebrated a couple of times. I drove up to Nashville on the 24th (after Matt had gotten home and gone to bed) to celebrate with The Collins at Aunt Jack's house. This year we decided to do a dirty santa among the adults and it was pretty fun. Some people ended up going home with what they brought (by choice) and there was only minimal stealing. Next year I think we'll have to let the claws come out a little more!
Here are some pictures from Jackie's house:

Brian is drooling over the tool kit that Em opened.

Christian helping Wes with his new Snuggie! Dad admiring his new $20 cigar!

Brian is checking out Peyton and Benjamin, the youngest twins in the family!

Matt was finally done with his Christmas rotations on the 26th so mom and dad followed me back to Birmingham so we could celebrate Christmas with Matt. He had a lot of presents to open! Elle of course helped him as she always does! Next year we'll have little Brooklyn with us! AHHHHH! Kinda scary!

No comments: