Wednesday, June 2, 2010

PDF

So...PDF stands for "parent directed feeding" if you read babywise. Don't worry - this isn't a babywise post...I just had to note where I got the term. Anyway...so I have to say, I have adopted this theology with Brooklyn's feeding patterns, and it has worked so well. But that also isn't the point of this post...

I have had to use PDF more persistently with this little...er...large lady...

We'll just say that ever since B came home, Elle has started expecting to eat as often as the new addition - which was a lot in the beginning. Even though its slowed down by now, its still double what Elle gets. So almost every time I feed Brooklyn, Elle wants more food too. This comes in the form of actually begging the baby for her bottle, or whining at her food bowl. Which results in a lot of stern talking from me! I believe I have said a lot..."Elle - its not time yet, I'll feed you when its time!" You can't blame a girl for trying...

Anyway...so I've had to enforce the PDF philosophy more strictly with my dog than my child...thank you babywise. :)

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Haha...that's hilarious! Dogs are so funny!