Thursday, November 11, 2010

Salsa-rific


So last weekend we got to have dinner w/ some great resident friends. Thanks to the Grahams for having all of us over. Its really rare that we can all get together (ever) b/c at least one of our husbands is usually working or on call. In fact, I think half of them were on call Saturday, but it was home call, so we all got to share some time together. Mere and Laura made two different kinds of chili that were delicious! We had five kids running around all over Laura's house...it was really funny and very entertaining for Brooklyn.

Here are most of the kids playing...B; Lee III; Carter; and you can barely see Audrey. I think Noah was entranced by a movie at this point.


She just took it all in and LOVED exploring a new place and NEW toys. It showed me how sick of our toys she probably already is...that happened earlier than I thought it would!

Well, Mere and Lee brought chips and salsa from La Paz that was of course amazing and we all were eating on it for most of the night. Right before Matt and I were about to go, he was watching Brooklyn for me and I hear a very loud...."Ashley...Ashley...Ashley..." getting louder with each one and coming from several men mouths. My child decided she liked salsa so much that she pulled the entire bowl on top of her. She. Was. Covered. It was hilarious.

I know Matt felt bad b/c technically it happened while he was "watching" her, but I thought it was hilarious. We had to throw her in the tub and she came home in Noah's little boy pjs! It was truly a nasty mess but hilarious! I'm sure this is just the beginning of what we have in store with kids. I'm so thankful it missed her eyes!!!










No comments: