Saturday, October 11, 2008

Entrance to blog world

I joined! After thoroughly enjoying many of my friend's blogs I decided to start my own. I'm not much of a writer but I do like the idea of having a way to remember all that is going on in this phase of life and the next. Matt and I are enjoying the recent life changes that come along with him starting residency. We are very thankful for his placement at UAB and look forward to the next five years in Birmingham.

I'm going to go ahead and admit, I have a very unhealthy obsession with my dog, Elle. I might as well go ahead and get that out of the way because her picture will be frequently added to the blog. She is our three year old Rhodesian Ridgeback that we got our first year of marriage. She is my buddy - a very loving guard dog for me! This is her picture as a baby...



This is a more recent picture of our 105 pound dog!


Like I said, I have an unhealthy obsession and yes, that is her pillow and blanket!
Ok, more to come...





5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ashley!! way to join the blogging world! im so glad!!

The Downs family said...

YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! I'm so excited! and I will check it everyday!!! I can't wait to hear about all the news flying through the spann household. Love you and miss you like crazy!!!

Rebecca said...

wtf, ashley. wtf.

Whitney Akin said...

ashley!!!!!!!! i just stumbled upon your blog from missy's. so glad to see you. i will add you to my list of reads. and your dog is beautiful.

Jenny and Zack said...

Love the blog Ash!! I am so proud of you.