Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Surprise for mom!

Well, I posted that b'day shout out to my mom to continue throwing her off...I traveled to surprise her on Sunday night! It was a lot of fun - I drove into Franklin and went straight to Rochelle to help her with the twins and we took off to Em's house to surprise mom. Rochelle couldn't have gone without help, so mom thought the dinner was only going to be she and dad with Em and Jonas, so it was a big surprise to see me walk in the door with Jesse and Rochelle behind me with Levi.
Of course mom loved seeing the twins and enjoying her b'day night with them but I'm sure she was glad to see me a little bit too.

If you don't know, my sister is a FABULOUS cook - she is amazing! She was totally reminding me of Monica on friends with all her cooking endeavors this weekend. Here's the pretty table with the pretty cook...

Em cooked a mustard and wine marinated pork tenderloin, twice baked potatoes, fried zucchini (mom's favorite from Maggiano's) and rolls. She topped it off with a home made apple pie recipe from Southern Living. Everything was amazing and of course cooked to perfection - I'm so jealous of her ability! Jesse and Levi were of course angels - here are some pics of them goofing off on the couch...

Jesse's big foot...

I love how Levi is cracking up in this one, he is such a happy baby!

Had to get a pic of the birthday girl, dad and the joys of her life...

I enjoyed my very quick trip to Nashville, especially to bring a little birthday surprise to my mom. She surprised me on several birthdays with unique gifts or cakes and always made them special, so I am glad it worked out that I could surprise her this year.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love your blog! You're so creative, and I love reading about you and Matt and your adventures. Hope we can get together soon! Miss you!

Rochelle Ray said...

I'm sure she was also happy to see you!!! Duh... Love you