Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy Birthdays

So, I feel like a bad wife...I didn't blog about my husband on his birthday. Not that he would know the difference, he is hardly ever on a computer and would never "blog-surf" but I thought it would be something I could write about. Well, October 23rd came and went and of course, no blog post from me, so sorry Matt! His birthday was on Thursday and poor thing had to work from 4 AM until 8 PM - that is a lot of hours on your birthday. He came home to a carrot cake, home made pizza, and a couple of fun birthday gifts.
I got him some sort of HD recorder thing for the TV (not sure what it does but he wanted it) and Elle got him a new golf club. He was excited about both. We had dinner, watched Grey's (I can't believe I'm admitting that) and then just went to bed. He had another early morning on Friday. Here's a picture from LAST YEAR's birthday gifts - this year there are no pictures and no documentation of his b'day because I left my camera at work - again, I feel like a bad wife!

So the title of "birthdays" is plural because I need to throw out a birthday shout out to my mom. Her birthday is tomorrow and unfortunately she's only going to see one of her kids on her actual birthday! I couldn't get up to Nashville this weekend because I was supposed to be housesitting so I told Emily she had to take charge as the baby of the family for mom's birthday celebration. They will have a very yummy meal at Em's house tomorrow night but with Brian being in Mexico (for a visit) and me in Birmingham, mom's birthday might be a little lonely this year. Love you mom - you are such a wonderful mom to us and we don't tell you enough how much you mean to us. I'm so thankful you are my mom and my friend. I'll see you as soon as possible! Happy Birthday from Birmingham!



1 comment:

Amber said...

Hey Ashley! I found your blog from Jenny's. I added a link to your blog from mine so i can keep up with yall. I hope that intern year is still going ok. Hopefully he is getting through the hardest rotations early! Elle is so cute!